Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Bumbo Recall


Earlier this month Bumbo issued a voluntary recall of the Bumbo Baby Seat to add a restraint belt and new warning labels.  If you hadn't heard about this recall, stop using your Bumbo and go to  http://recall.bumbousa.com/ to order a repair kit.

I loved our Bumbo seat.  Lucie, Josie, and Linus used it.  Linus was the only one to figure out how to wiggle his little behind up and try to flip himself out of the seat.  He only used it for a short time due to his strength, adventurous nature, and the fact that he doesn't like to sit still for two minutes.  A restraint belt would have been a small deterrent, but I think he still would have found a way out.  Needless to say, the Bumbo has been sitting collecting dust for a few months now, and was on my short list to go back up into the attic.

On the Bumbo site, it states that you shouldn't return the seat to the manufacturer or retail store, but I found out that Walmart's corporate policy is to issue a full refund on any recalled items.  Since I know I won't be needing the Bumbo seat ever again (at least, until the grandchildren start coming for visits), I decided to bring it over to Walmart today.  

Walmart was quick to refund me the full amount on a Walmart gift card, no questions asked.

Before the recall, I had considered putting the Bumbo on Craigslist for $15.  I am glad I forgot all about that, because an extra $42 was welcome this week.






1 comment: