Saturday, March 23, 2013

Last post


Spring has sprung and my new website is in full bloom.  

When I came up with the idea for Beyond The Crib five years ago, I was looking for an outlet for my writing talents.  I was a mom with a few little ones and I enjoyed participating in online conversations about parenting.  Over the years, I cultivated a national network of moms and families with whom I still remain very close.  At various times, Beyond The Crib has been a blog, a product review site, and a local parenting forum, but somehow these never felt complete to me. 


I am now the mother to eight children, ranging in age from 17 to one year.  If my two teenage daughters have taught me anything, it is that the journey beyond the crib doesn't end when they are out of diapers. They need us every day, and the challenges they face are far different and come at them faster than they did for me.  As moms we might worry that we are not guiding them correctly, but one thing I have come to realize is that no one judges us as hard as we judge ourselves.  June Cleaver may have been the perfect mom in the perfect little family in her perfect little house.  In reality, life is not perfect, and there are dishes in my sink that I need to tend to. 


I became serious about blogging when Linus was diagnosed with Plagiocephaly and needed to wear a cranial molding orthosis for a few months.  This is when "Adventures From Beyond The Crib" was started.  I used this format to chronicle the time Linus spent wearing his helmet while taking whimsical pictures of him in different situations.

After Linus graduated from his helmet, I continued blogging about parenting, my kids, and life with a large family.  It is now time for Beyond The Crib to evolve into something larger. 
The new site is intended to be a community resource for parents bringing together my experiences with those of my peers.  I hope you will find it useful and become an active participant. 

Please come follow my new website:  http://www.beyondthecrib.com/

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment