Monday, March 18, 2013

Open House 2013


Open House is my favorite day of the school year.  I love to visit all the classrooms, read the essays hung up around the rooms, and read the letters my little ones have stuck in their desks for me.  

My favorite this year was Alice's description of her favorite place in our community. 


She loves gymnastics as much as her big sister.


The kids wrote descriptions of themselves on the front of these fish.  We needed to guess who was who and then fish to find out.

It wasn't too hard.  Alice is the only one with five sisters, two brothers, who loves gymnastics in her class!


The first graders were learning about volcanoes.


  They worked hard to create their volcanoes out of papier mache.  How exciting to watch it erupt!



We are big Eric Carle fans at our house.  I hope to be able to bring the kids to the Eric Carle Museum this summer.  I love the lesson Lucie learned - sometimes you have to search for good friends, but it's worth it when you find them."  I know that Lucie has found some very good friends at school.  I hope all my children learn this valuable lesson.





Evan's favorite subject is art and he talks about becoming an art teacher like Mr. Lumia.




I am already looking forward to next year's Open House!

No comments:

Post a Comment