Saturday, June 9, 2012

Weekend


A quick post before I get swept up in the weekend and my birthday.

This morning, Josie handed me the cover to the wipes box, which she colored, and said "Happy Mother's Day!"  I spied a box of cupcakes in the kitchen.  I am a cupcake girl.

Hamlet was a success.  The 4th and 5th graders in the drama club put on a great performance all three nights.  I am very proud of my little thespians.  I was tearing up as the director recognized the fifth graders who will be moving on to middle school.  I am not sure how I am getting through the fifth grade moving up ceremony in a few weeks.  My babies are growing up.


8th Grade graduation was a bust.  It was rescheduled for next week due to a water main break.  We gave Abigail her gift though. Pierre and I brought her charm bracelet to the jeweler, had it cleaned, replaced her birthstone charm (the stones fell out) and bought her a graduation hat charm.

Linus said "dadadadada" and "bababababa" and he stood up holding onto the ottoman.  He didn't pull himself up.  I placed him there, but he stood for a good long while watching Josie play and color.

Next week, Lucie will graduate from Kindergarten and Abigail will be moving on from Junior High to High School.  Friday is Evan's 10th birthday.  Emilie has Regents exams to take.  Tucked in between, we have end of year parties, picnics, and barbeques.  I need to get blue and white shirts for field day, chocolate sprinkles for the first grade ice cream social, and cupcakes for Evan to bring to school.  The week after is just as busy as we wrap up a great school year and prepare for summer vacation.  I have adventures and parties to plan.

Enjoy the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment