Friday, March 30, 2012

Exterminate!


Abigail is on her way home from her trip to Washington DC.  Pierre dropped her off to school at 5:00am on Wednesday and she will be arriving at school any minute now.  It was only 3 days, but it is a good preparation for me as I will have a few birdies leaving the nest in the next few years.  Soon, my oldest will be looking at colleges.  Only two more years and she will legally be an adult.

I am already dreading the term "empty nest."  It is comforting that as they start leaving, I will still have little ones at home to take care of, but what happens when the littlest get ready to leave?  Linus is barely a year old, but I know how fast times flies.  Babies turn to children who turn to teenagers in the blink of an eye.  Wasn't it only yesterday I was teaching her how to tie her shoes?

I have been spending some extra time rocking my babies these past few days as I was missing my Abigail.  Next year all but two will be in full day school and Josie will be in a preschool program.  I don't think I remember what it is like to only have one with me as I run errands.

Maybe I can find the rewind button on my life so I can relive it all.  Not to change anything, but to etch the memories deep in my mind and really enjoy each moment.  I would like to go back 16 years ago to when it all began in a small apartment, just Pierre and I awaiting the day I would go into labor.

Time to go hug my babies tight and wait for my Abigail.

2 comments:

  1. Keep hugging those little ones, it's good for them! Visiting from the FNF hop and followed you! Come visit me:)
    http://hearttoheartathome.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete