Thursday, March 1, 2012

Ready R2?


Today is my 1 week anniversary of blogging at “Adventures From Beyond the Crib.” Also, today, my blog reached 1,000 page views. I was told that was a pretty big accomplishment. I am sending a great big thank you to all my readers. Please, come follow me, keep reading, and share my blog with your friends. I hope you are having as good of a time reading as I am writing. I cannot wait until I have a full gallery of photos for Linus to look at when he is older (and for me to show all his future girlfriends.)

I was excited today to receive an email that I had received a few generous donations for the March For Babies. I am walking for the March of Dimes on May 6 at the Walkway Over the Hudson. If you are local, and want to join my team, Linus' Lemmings, please click on the March of Dimes link in the left hand column of this page.

For those of you who do not know, Linus was a micro-preemie, born at 24 weeks and 5 days. He spent the first three months of his life in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. It was three months of ups and downs (mostly ups.) Thanks to the wonderful nurses, caring doctors, and the March of Dimes, our time in the NICU was that much easier. Every day babies are born prematurely, small, and oftentimes sick. I am walking for these babies. I am walking for Linus' older brothers, Bennett and Elijah, who left this earth too soon due to pre-term birth. I am walking for Linus.

Linus has been a cranky boy today. If only those teeth would just break through. I hope Linus gets a good night sleep. Diane, the Physical Therapist, will be here at 8:30 tomorrow morning. Time to get ready to stretch, stretch, stretch.

I hoped that a little Star Wars would brighten Linus' day. I can still remember watching Star Wars for the first time. My cousin had all the figurines in a case with a handle. I was only allowed to touch the extra Storm Trooper, but, boy, was that case cool.

Time to pop some popcorn, put in the DVD and snuggle on the couch with my favorite little ones

“Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.” -Yoda

What is your favorite Star Wars memory?  Please comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment