Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Bloom


Happy First Day of Spring.

We are really enjoying the beautiful weather we have been having.  It didn't even seem like it was winter anymore with temperatures in the mid to high 70s.  My kids have been playing outside in shorts and T shirts.  Soon, they will be asking for bathing suits and sprinklers.  It won't be long now.

I love springtime and always have.  This is my absolute favorite time of the year.  I think back to my favorite pair of lightweight pink pants from when I was a little girl, the Pussy Willow branches I used to hang egg ornaments off of, and Forsythia in bloom.  I think of the sailor dress I wore for Easter and playing softball at the park.   It reminds me of when I started dating  Pierre in mid-April a very long time ago.  I think of bringing Katie home from the hospital, on a cold spring day in March 2001.  It snowed and her big stork "Its A Girl" balloon on the mailbox deflated.

Last year during Spring, I was getting excited knowing Linus was coming.  In between preparing for Easter (and eating my share of Cadbury Mini Eggs) I was having sonograms and appointments and looking at tiny baby clothes at the store.  I put Linus' "first picture" in a frame and put it out among the Easter baskets last Easter morning.  A blurry sonogram picture in a dragonfly frame was better than any gift the bunny brought last year.

I can't wait for flowers and park play dates.  I am planning for lots of picture taking at the Samuel Morse site (we go every year to take pictures.)  I need to go look through all the pretty spring dresses and sandals stored in my attic.

It's time to paint my toenails.

Spring is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment